Tuesday 3 June 2014

With thanks to Katie of http://jesuisunemonstre.blogspot.co.uk/ for lending me the idea



What am I Reading
Currently I have two books on the go.  The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender, which is a tale of a young girl who begins to taste people’s emotions through the things they cook.  At the moment I am at the beginning, maybe three chapters in, but, as yet, it is not proving to be a book I can’t put down.  I can put it down, and leave it for several days, then I wander back to it.  We shall see.   The other book is The Dying Wish by Courttia Newland.  The story here follows a private detective as he tries to find an elusive underground business - that of aiding suicide.  Again, about three chapters in and I want to know more and more.  Characters met are described in detail and the plot is interesting and simple to follow, thus far.  The story is told in the first person.

What am I Feeling
I feel ok.  Alright.  In fact often fine and many times happy.    
 
What am I Listening to
Often, at this time of the day, I listen to Classic FM, but today all I hear is the church bells ringing, the cars outside, the cries of children and a dog, far in the distance, barking.

What am I Creating
Hope.  I hope I get to pass the Foster Panel.  I hope I get to go to America.  I hope I learn to diet in a healthy way.  I hope to be able to juggle all the bills this month so everyone is paid and everyone is happy and I have enough left to put aside for America.

What do I Want
In the past week I have seen an amazing film, held a new born baby, chatted, laughed, eaten well, slept well, learnt interesting things, met interesting people, tried to protect a teen from being beaten at a train station, watched an amazing glory of a sunset, stepped into the sunlight on a warm Spring morning, looked at stunning artwork, laughed more.  I want more days such as these.

Of what do I Ponder
When.  I always like to gather facts; maybe it’s a control issue.  I like to know what and where and why and when.  How soon.  Why not sooner.  I like to live in the day, but within that day there is a part of me reaching for tomorrow, and always a part of me glancing back at the past.  I never mind knowing the end of films, it doesn’t take away any enjoyment of the picture or story.  And I would be fine to have life like that.  This is what happens when.  Hmmm but then I'd probably try and change it all, rearrange it and cut and paste it.   


 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your life is full of wonder and love Sara, glad you shared your own list on your blog. X

    ReplyDelete